Can we make this work?
I don't know.
Can we try?
If you can, so can I.
But do we want to?
Maybe this time yes.
Can we put the effort in?
Would you rather suck it up again?
I don't want to lose you.
But you never had me.
You make it sound so easy.
Trust me, I never said it would be.
Will I ever get to see you?
I see you every day.
But can we spend some time together?
I won't say "no" or "never."
How did we get to this?
One day at a time.
How do we get out?
Well it won't hurt to pout.
Do you think you can respect me?
That's why we're doing this.
Can it work - me being just your friend?
Better than other ways that this could end.
But how do I stop caring?
I can't answer that.
I can't make it disappear.
I know - it's been more than a year.
I must admit I am a bit conflicted.
Quite understandable.
Can't figure if it feels like an end or a beginning.
Don't worry - we'll end up winning.
Can we make this work?
I don't know.
Can we try?
If you can, so can I.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Like.
I always liked this one. Especially now that I understand. : )
Post a Comment