To Do lists have got to be my all time favorite hobby. Well, besides playing with the little one. I have millions of them, some in writing, most in my head. Chores, bills, home improvements, things I want to accomplish, etc, etc, etc. I plan everything out in my head and, sadly, sometimes that's as far as it gets. Way too often, in fact.
Every Wednesday I make myself a list of to-do's. Wednesday is my day off, and thus a cleaning day. So I start listing to myself the things I need to accomplish. The morning (usually until at least 10am) is reserved for playing with Littles (aka Rachel), then there's dishes, laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, etc, etc, etc. It helps me to be able to check things off, also, to make me feel like I am accomplishing things. So last Wednesday I actually broke down the loads of laundry I had to do. It helped.
Lists float around my house like leaves in the fall - which is to say there are a lot. And they are about as useful as hair accessories to a bald person. Inevitably something else comes up that HAS to be done and I end up discarding the list and just doing what has to be done. Or not doing it. Sometimes I just pretend it got done. Sometimes I pretend I no list existed (thus I did not actually miss anything). Sometimes I just give up. Today... well today is probably a mixture of both. I'm still (haha) working on things but I might have to pretend some of what I wanted to get done was not actually on the list, because I will not get to it. Especially sitting here posting on my blog (which is sometimes on the list and has its own list of Things I Want To Write About).
However, as usual, my daughter has woken up now, and thus I am probably done with today's post. Next on the list - start another load of laundry and practice with Rachel how to walk. :)
(Image Credit: To-do list borrowed from FamiliesWithAPurpose.com.)
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment