Saturday, February 16, 2008

Disgruntlement

I dare say "Disgruntlement" is a misleading title. Disgruntlement merely implies that I am somewhat upset, frustrated or my feathers are rumpled. I would say that I am passed that stage and into a slightly deeper stage. Irked? I haven't quite decided.

I talked about how Ghost (insert appropriate epitaph here) was acting all sad and drugged? Yeah.. that did not last as long as I hoped. Ghost is not the ideal convalescent, shall we say. He learned he can still bully Manni with the cone on, and make himself sick too.

Tuesday (12th) he tossed his cookies -okay cat food- and had a messed up stomach. So when I took him the next day to the vet for his checkup I mentioned it. They said take him off the antibiotics he was on and if it kept going to bring him in. Needless to say I was SO happy to not have to give him any more pills. Ghost is not a good pill taker, but that's another story. Well he lost it twice on the 14th and 4 times yesterday (15th) so it was time to go in again.

Now I have THREE medicines for him. The first one is an anti-throwup medicine. Two times a day for 3 days. The second one is for stomach infection. Two times a day for 7 days. The third is for ear mites (you're asking yourself "what the...?" . Yeah. Exactly). You're right! Two times a day! For 10 days. You know how much Ghost loves medicine? About as much as I like 10 ingrown toe-nails and 4 emerging wisdom teeth.

So as you see...disgruntled might be a bit misleading.

No comments: